Sunday, May 16, 2010

Atheism: Belief in Not Believing.

I know that religion is a subject that has sparked debate everywhere for quite some time. I am a christian. Lutheran, to get specific. I realize others have their own beliefs, I understand that their entitled to their beliefs, and I know what I say to them probably will not convert them. However, it has been my experience that among all the people that are religious, the people who care the most about trying to convert you are the people who don't even believe in ANYTHING. For example, when i talk to someone who is jewish or islamic or whatever, and they ask me what religion i am they usually don't take the conversation any further in that direction when i say I'm a christian. But with atheists, it seems, when I say I'm christian they always have something to say! They'll smirk, laugh sarcastically, and act like I'm some idiot. "Hahaha! Are you serious?" Nope, I'm wearing this cross because I'm really into perpendicular lines. Then they continue badgering me for around 15 minutes telling me how dumb I am and how ridiculous my beliefs are. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD THINK. If you are an atheist who likes to be a divine prophet of nothingness, spreading the good word of nothing, next time you're about to really stick it to a believer, go ahead and stick it elsewhere. Welser, OUT!

3 comments: