Saturday, January 16, 2010

Charlie "Chokehold" Sheen Vs. Tiger "Two-Timin" Woods

In a world where there are more than a few things that don't exactly sit well with me, each of these fine gentlemen's recent actions have captivated my attention. If you have yet to hear of one or either of these stories, I will give you a quick low down on the situations.
Charlie Sheen, an actor best know for his hit show "Two and a Half Men," had the police called on him by his wife this past Christmas. Sheen and wife, Brooke Mueller, came home late and had been drinking that evening. Well, one thing led to another and ol' Chaz decided to choke and hold a knife to his dearly beloved.
Now Tiger on the other hand, was found to be cheating on his extremely beautiful supermodel wife with what is now said to be eleven different mistresses (according to topgelato.com). In his defense, I have a feeling that more than a few of those girls are lying through their teeth just to be in the spotlight.
At this point, you're probably wondering why all of this is relevant. These stories don't sit well with me because Tiger is the one losing endorsements and enduring a staggering amount of public ridicule while Sheen is not even in jail or on trial or, compared to Tiger, in the news at all. As a matter of fact, the ratings of his show have skyrocketed! I guess beating up your wife just isn't as serious as it used to be. Well now if i ever have a television show of my own that needs a boost in the ratings, I'll know that all I have to do is beat up my wife.
Tiger has to hide to escape hordes of paparazzi while Charlie celebrates his highest ratings ever? I understand that what Tiger did was terrible but honestly if anyone else on the PGA Tour did the same thing it wouldn't be anywhere near the front page. God only knows what would happen if Tiger would have held a knife to his spouse. It's probably what every journalist in the world has wet dreams about.
By now I'm sure I've exceeded the word limit (whatever it was) by quite a bit. But to limit my thoughts and feelings on such a subject would be like clipping the wings of a majestic eagle. Though both of these gentlemen are complete idiots, it just seems quite unfair that one suffers in solidarity while another sits back and watches his career soar. It all just a load of unjust bullspit. Welser, OUT!

5 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud literally. I really enjoyed reading how you explained things in this post, such as having wet dreams and using the word bullspit. On a serious note, I agree with you totally and I think it is very unfair that the two celebrities are getting opposite responses from the public. I mean come on, Sheen pulling a knife on his wife is way more serious than what Tiger did!! I can't wait to read more, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec I couldn't have agreed more with you on this topic, it was hilarious and quite true. Tiger has to under go rehab for his actions, while good old charlie does nothing. I also had no idea his ratings went up due to this inncident! This was enjoyable and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright guy. I really liked this post. You bring something to people's attention that isn't well known. Your delivery is really fun to read and I was left laughing and with having mixed feelings about Charlie Sheen. Overall,good job. I'm now left craving more posts, so give me more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Alec "The Hammer" Welser,
    I was unsure of anything that your article actually said and I still don't know who is trusting you to blog about your ideals online. But, I like it, keep up the good work. Also Charlie Sheen is a god among men. In addition you might want to insert a hyperlink into your article where you have the website name, that way you don't even have to say the name, you can just have the link right there. Like BAM there's what you were talking about. If you have any questions regarding my previous statement, ask Mrs. Schutte, she helped me with the whole hyperlink situation.
    Sincerely yours,
    Randolph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can absolutely help with hyperlinks. So can Kyle :)

    ReplyDelete